Background: The Vampiric Clans of the Middle Ages were split into nobles and low-born much like human feudal society. Clans like the Brujah and Ventrue epitomize the noble lineages, while the Nosferatu and the Gangrel are typical low-class clans. Every Character will tip the balance of this struggle slightly, according to their personality.
Setup: Place the Tracking Marker in the neutral space of the struggle track.
Rules: Whenever a character is played/activated, move the marker 1 space in the direction of the color of that character (either red or green).
Once the marker reaches the 7th space of any color, a decisive strike has taken place. All characters of that color gain 1 Power. The marker is then reset to the 0 space.
Scoring: At the end of the game, determine the winning side. All players gain 2 VP for each character in their bloodline that shares the color with the winning side.
Accompanying Scheme: Rebellion and Counterrebellion
Background: Even in the middle ages, the Vampires were fighting to keep their beast contained. More important than what path they chose to achieve that goal was to stay on the path and not be indecisive. That’s why in this battleground consistency is rewarded above all else.
Setup: Turn the Clan Morality Markers (Blue/Yellow Sided Clan Markers) on the side of the Clan Leaders morality attribute and place them on the starting slot indicated on the board.
Rules: Whenever you play/activate a character check your clan marker on this board.
A) If your played characters’ color matches the token color, your resistance to the beast improves:
a. If you are on the dark side, you may move your token to the light side.
b. If you are on the light side already, move your token 1 step up.
B) If your played color doesn’t match the token color, your resistance to the beast decreases:
a. If you are on the dark side, you must flip your token to the color played and move 1 step down. Draw 1 Clan Scheme Card.
b. If you are on the light side, you must flip your token to the color played and move to the dark side. Draw 1 Clan Scheme Card.
Scoring: Every Clan gains Victory Points as indicated by their position on the board.
Accompanying Scheme: Explore the Ways of the Beast
Background: The Fiefs of the Black Cross, the Courts of Love, the Sea of Shadows and the Tzimisce Voivodate are fighting for supremacy in the medieval vampiric courts, sending out envoys and trying to dominate. If you help them, you may gain great favors.
1. Place the 7 envoys (cubes) of each faction in their respective home regions.
2. After finishing the general setup, mix 1 decisive moment battleground card into each half of the character draw deck.
1. Each time the color is played/activated, you may move 1 envoy of that color (not back into its home region).
2. Envoys with (single or shared) majority gain control of a court.
3. Whenever you move an envoy into a court where it gains or maintains control, you may remove 1 envoy of another non-majority color from there (remove it from the game).
4. At the end of the game, the color with the majority of controlled courts is the winning color.
5. TIES: If there is a tie, both colors profit. So if there is a tie for winning faction, both colors gain 2vp. If there is a tie in a province, that province counts for both colors.
Scoring: Every Player gains 2VP per Character of the winning Color and 1VP per Multicolor character.
Accompanying Scheme: Palace Intrigue